Tuesday, December 8, 2009

14/15 month update

yikes, months go by so quickly!! i'll have to write a quick entry with some highlights so i don't forget.

ryan is walking around like a pro now, but doesn't run really yet. he doesn't like to hold hands, but likes to walk around everywhere. when we go outside he loves to pick up leaves and play with them. he recently learned to go down the stairs backwards, so he slides down them very fast! ryan got his first two boo-boos, the first one he hit the side of his face on the coffee table while he was excitedly running away from daddy. it left a bruise on his face for about a week. the 2nd one was when he was on the last step of the stairs and he turned around and hit his head on the floor, oy! What a silly boy..I'm sure he'll be getting lots of bumps, scrapes and bruises now. Hopefully it won't be anything serious like teeth being knocked out or needing stitches, that would freak me out!!

he's getting all his canine and molars in, all at the same time!! he's been drooling a lot for the last 2-3 months, and FINALLY they are popping up. i can't believe all 8 are coming in at once though, but it explains his grumpy unhappy behavior the last few weeks. he was very clingy, whiny, and a PITA. he's getting better, but still starts whining/following me whenever i leave the room. so now i have to bring him to the bathroom with me, oy. I'm just glad the teething didn't affect his night time sleep...he would cry periodically at night, but he always went back to sleep himself.

The music class is over, but I think it was good. We'll sign up again when it starts again in Feb. Ryan is happy when I put on the CD and he'll even laugh/giggle at songs that he likes. The first few classes he was not enjoying it, and a few were right when he in the midst of his teething, so there were a few classes where I carried him the ENTIRE time. But the last few classes he started getting more into it, playing with the instruments etc.

Eating is going ok, he is finally starting to be more interested in eating whatever we are eating now. Before he would just completely ignore us, but now he'll try stuff. Maybe it's because most of the time we are eating something sweet?!! He's caught on, haha. We are nice and give him a few bites of whatever we are eating usually, cookies, granola bars, etc. He still hasn't caught on to demand MORE. If it's out of sight, it's out of mind. Thank goodness!!

He still doesn't say words, use any sign language, or point, so we are a little worried, but hopefully it's ok. I think by 18 months I'll REALLY start to worry, right now I'm just concerned. He seems to understand me at least, when I say "No" or get him to pick up his toys, so at least he's comprehending. He recently started doing this fake laugh and will randomly laugh sometimes, it's cute, funny and weird all at the same time. I'm looking forward to the next few months when he will be able to start communicating with me!

No comments: