Monday, July 27, 2009

10/11 months

I think I will have to combine my 10 and 11 month entries because it is too hard differentiate when things happened again.

So after a while of finally being able to hang out on his tummy, we decided he really should get to crawling. So we would put things just out of his reach to try to tempt him to move. He would stretch out his hand as far as he could, and then when he couldn't reach it, he would get very mad and cry. This went on for a few weeks, it was very frustrating because he just couldn't figure out how to move!! Finally, one day he figured out how to get around! He uses his feet to push off the ground and moves on his elbows (an army crawl). The very first time he did it, he cried the whole time, haha. Poor baby. It's really funny to watch now, he doesn't crawl for reals, but at least he get around now!!

The last 2-3 weeks he's been able to pull himself up and is cruising everywhere. He's using everything to walk around. It's fun to watch, he'll only move his feet as long as he is stable. So it might be a while before he takes the plunge to walk without holding onto something! His balance just standing up is not very good at all. He hasn't figured out yet how to sit down from a standing position. In the last week, he can now sit up from a laying down position. He rolls onto his stomach, gets on his knees (like in a crawling position) and then sits up. He can not sit up like when you do a sit-up. So he can now get into the crawling position, and he sometimes will crawl properly for a little bit, but then he plops back down and does his funny army crawl.

Some things I forgot to mention in previous entries:
His eczema at 6 months finally all disappeared (thank goodness!!) and his skin is now nice and soft. Before it had this weird bumpy texture, but I'm so glad it's gone. We used to have to put on all kinds of lotions and jellies to keep his skin hydrate. I think it used to be really itchy also because he would scratch like mad. We had to file his nails really short, otherwise he would make himself bleed =(

When his top teeth were coming in, he would grind them against his bottom teeth and it drove me insane!!! Thankfully he has outgrown that...every time I heard it I wanted to pull my hair out. And for the most part his biting has stopped. He'll do it once in a while usually when he is tired.

Ryan eats all kinds of things now, he'll eat whatever we put in front of him. He loves to feed himself, so we've been giving him bread, bananas, string cheese, blueberries, cereal...lots of stuff. He's not that really into baby food, but I still make some for him. Most times he will get upset in the middle of the feedings, I have no idea why. I don't know, I guess he just doesn't really like it.

Ryan has also been sleeping pretty well, he goes to bed at 6:30-7pm and wakes up at 6am. I wish he would wake up later, but even when we put him down to sleep later, he still wakes up at the same time. He naps twice a day usually around 9am and 1pm. Most times he'll complain when we put him in the crib, but once we leave the room, he's quiet and eventually falls asleep. We bought a video monitor recently so now we can see what he does in there! Before when he couldn't move, there wasn't really any point in having the monitor, but now it's fun to see what the heck he is doing in there. He rolls around, crawls around, plays with his toys, and then eventually falls asleep. And he moves around a lot during the night, I really wonder if he's sleeping ok!!

Ok, I think that is all the updates I have for now, one more month until Ryan is ONE YEAR old!! yikes!!!

No comments: