At Ryan's 6 month appt he weighed 17lbs 8.5oz, so he gained less than a pound since his last appt 2 months ago. He's now in the 52nd percentile for weight. I totally thought he would be closer to 20 lbs but I guess not. His height is 25.5 inches, around 20 percentile. I guess the nurse measured him wrong last time because his last appt 2 months ago his measurement was 25.75inches?!! He got more shots but after these he doesn't have any more shots until 1 yr old. His next check up will be at 9 months.
Ryan now has two little teeth starting to grow on his bottom gums and he started rolling over the day before his 6 month appt! J was worried that he was behind, so I had to do a lot of training to get him to do it (totally like a dog haha). Most babies do it on their own, but I guess Ryan just needed motivation (lots and lots of praise!). He can only do tummy to back for now but at his 6 month checkup we were able to check off the box that he could roll over, haha. I think it might be a while for him to go back to tummy. I've tried some training but not really too hardcore.
One side effect is that when he's sleeping (we put him on his stomach), when he wakes up after a few hours he'll flip over and end up on his back. He sleeps really poorly on his back so he'll wake up often and cry. Now he has to learn to sleep on his back, so we've been doing cry it out. The first night was the worst, he would sleep for 1-2 hours, and then cry for another hour. It was really bad...but the next night he sleep for 10 hours straight!! But the following night he woke up a few times, but each time he was able to put himself back to sleep. The problem is that his crying wakes me up and it takes forever for me to fall back asleep. argh. I still end up nursing him once at night. So he sleeps at 7:30pm, nurses around 4am, and then wakes up at 7:30am. I *think* he should be able to drop that feeding, but I've been doing it recently just so I can nurse him back to sleep and then I can put him down on his stomach. So I at least have a 3 hour stretch of sleep without interruptions! I know, so selfish, but it's for my own sanity. I really hope we're getting closer to him sleeping through the whole night. I don't know why sometimes he can sleep 10 hours straight while other nights he wakes up every 2-3 hours. It's frustrating. Also his naps are very poor now because he sleeps on his back so they only last about 30-45 minutes and he's perpetually in a bad mood. Ughhh. Even though I'm happy Ryan is doing new things, they cause such disruptions!! I'm hoping he gets used to sleeping on his back, either that or he learns to roll back onto his stomach!
We've also started solid foods. I bought this baby food maker called the Beaba Babycook and I really like it so far! It steams and purees the food all in one little machine. It's very cute. We started with zucchini squash and we're supposed to introduce a new food every 5-7 days. I've been giving it to him twice a day, usually 3 tablespoons of veggie and mix it with 1-2 tablespoons of rice cereal. Next we'll be doing carrots and then peas. When we first tried rice cereal, he didn't seem to really like it, but now he's pretty good. He'll actually open his mouth now...before I would have to shove the spoon into his mouth. It was not fun heh.
Ok, very long entry, but here's a cute video of Ryan rolling over! This is only his 2nd time rolling over ever, so that's why it takes a while for him to do it. Now he does it pretty quickly once he's on his tummy. I guess he doesn't really like tummy time! =P
Monday, March 2, 2009
6 months
Posted by
dyo
at
9:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's too cute! Good job Ryan, and nice training Mommy!
very cute and hilarious but oh boy, you're not kidding about it being like training a dog. good thing you had tofu first! :)
Post a Comment