Monday, October 13, 2008

7 weeks

I think the baby has finally started settling down, the fussiness isn't as bad anymore. The sleep book I'm reading says babies start getting really fussy from week 2-6 and reach peak fussiness around week 6 (sooo true!). I also read somewhere that this is when infant homicide is the highest. I read this to j, and he said "homicide??" in an incredulous voice as if that was totally crazy. On Sat, he watched the baby for a few hours at night so I could get some sleep, and he came to bed saying "I totally wanted to strangle Ryan!" heh...I said "That's how I've been feeling the last few weeks!!" While he's at work I would send him many messages like: "omg i'm going crazy" etc...now he knows what i have to deal with THE WHOLE DAY while he is at work. Anyways, I hope the worse is over. Can you believe we even had thoughts of Ryan being an only child?? =P

Our next challenge is getting the baby to sleep longer. In the sleep book, it says from week 6-8 they should start sleeping 5-6 hours at night. I don't know if Ryan will be hitting that milestone any time soon =( He JUST started sleeping 4 hours at a time, so it might be a while. We'll see...I'm already happy he's going 4 hours, 5-6 hours would be heaven!!

Ryan's eating has started to slow down so I've had to pump to get all my milk out, otherwise it gets reaaaally uncomfortable. Now we have an abundant supply in the fridge. We're trying to train Ryan to take a bottle now, but he's still not very good at it. So we're going to give him a bottle every night and hopefully he'll get better at it without having half the contents on his clothes!

Can you believe if I just took the standard maternity leave, I would have been back to work last week?? So crazy. I'm glad I am able to stay home for a few months with Ryan before going back to work.

2 comments:

ss said...

omg! i got behind on blog reading. I had no idea you were going crazy. You should SAY something. I would have been happy to come visit and relieve your stir-craziness. My sis feels that from time to time too. Anyhow, I'm so glad things are getting better. Dude...I think knowing what you're getting into makes it that much harder to wanna be a parent...

dyo said...

umm, i wasn't stir-crazy...i was going crazy from all the crying!! it gets really annoying after a while, especially when it doesn't stop ;)